Quickpage templates are a fast, easy way to create a digital album or layout. Simply drop photos into place on the pre-designed layout pages, type some journaling and print. Not sure how to crop your photos to fit into template frames? Follow our simple step-by-step instructions below. For more tips on creating fast digital albums read Molly Newman’s feature, “Three Albums Fast” in Digital Scrapbooking magazine’s October/November 2008 issue.
- Working in template document, select View > Rulers. Click and hold square at intersection of horizontal and vertical rulers. Drag to upper left corner of photo space on template; release mouse button.
- Note height and width of photo space. (Your measurements don't need to be exact.)
- Working in photo document, choose Image > Resize > Image Size. With the Constrain Proportions checkbox selected, change largest dimension (height or width) to largest dimension of photo space. If you plan to crop your image or if the image is not the same shape as the photo space, choose a size that's slightly larger. Make sure the photo's resolution matches the template's resolution. (This will usually be 300 dpi.) Click OK.
- Select Edit > Select All, then Copy the selection. Close the photo without saving changes.
- In the template document, Paste the copied photo into a new layer. Arrange the layer behind the layer containing the photo space. Select Edit > Free Transform to adjust photo's size as needed.