In the “Nitty Gritty of Organization” in Digital Scrapbooking magazine’s October/November 2008 issue, we show you how to get your photos, kits and digital elements organized in a flash. Here you’ll see how to put this process into practice step-by-step.
It's easy to start organizing your digital elements by color, theme and type. In fact, we've done the hard work for you! Follow these steps to get started using our categories in ACDSee Photo Manager today.
Download our text file of categories for organization here.
- Right-click the DSMag_OrganizationTags.txt file and choose Save File As. Save the file to your desktop or another location where you'll be able to locate it easily.
- Click Database > Import > Database to launch the ACD Database Import Wizard. Click Next.
- Under "What would you like to import?” click Information from a text file. Click the Browse button to navigate to the saved file. Click Next.
- On the next screen, check to make sure you've selected the correct file. Click Next. The text file will be imported automatically (it may take a few minutes to complete).
- ACDSee will automatically restart. In the Organize pane, you'll see the organization categories sorted and ready to use.
- To begin organizing, select an element (or Ctrl-click to select multiple elements) and click the checkbox next to the desired category. Repeat with as many categories as you like.
(Pg. 46, October/November 2008 issue)